Chateau Dietrich

If You Would Like to Hear This Record

Because of various problems with public blogs and rights problems, I have decided to take my blog and convert it to a private email. If you’d like to listen to this album (and more) or any other album I am posting here, just send me your email address at radiovickers1@gmail.com and I will put you on my list. Along with this album, I have a gigantic archive of my vinyl digitizations that gets added to every week. I do them myself and de-click them. Most sound pretty darned good, if I do say so myself.
This is not some come on. Just caution on my part. It costs nothing and there’s nothing to join. Just an email address. I have about a hundred people on my list at the moment. Come and join the musical fun.


You can also follow Radio Vickers on Facebook with the by going to http://www.facebook.com/pages/Radio-Vickers/182423558563540 and clicking "Like"

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Parking Lot Wonders - gift horse - gift horse (1998)



Eons ago, before all the great record stores became extinct, they used to hold bi-yearly parking lot sales where CD's could be purchased for as little as 10 cents apiece.   I would stand out in the hot sun and pluck economically auditory gold from acres of cardboard boxes until my back gave out.  Many times I walked away with 1,000 plus CD's and CD singles.  Oh glorious rapture!  Those days, alas, are gone, but I still have my blessed collection.  
You can also follow Radio Vickers on Facebook!

If you’d like to listen to this album or any other album I am posting here, just send me your email address and I will put you on my list.



 gift horse - gift horse (1998) 

This is the same album as Excess, Lies and Heather's Arrest but with a different track order. I have no idea why. As All Music states, this is a very nice album and was criminally ignored. Highly recommended.

01 Gift Horse - Excess
02 Gift Horse - Heather's Arrest
03 Gift Horse - Drive
04 Gift Horse - Gravity
05 Gift Horse - Little White Lie
06 Gift Horse - Shoot Shoot
07 Gift Horse - Dear No One
08 Gift Horse - Butterfly
09 Gift Horse - Coffee Queen
10 Gift Horse - Small.



Info stolen from This Great Site.

Prompting comparisons to rootsy alternative stars Cracker and various '70s rockers, Gifthorse's debut, Excess, Lies and Heather's Arrest, made a modest critical splash. Released in 1999 at just about the high point of alternative pointlessness, Gifthorse offered a minimal take on modern rock that recalled some of the original indie stars who ignited the genre. Tracks like "Excess" and "Heather's Arrest" garnered a modicum of college and modern rock airplay, but this Pinch Hit Records release never had a chance at taking off commercially, what with the major-label lockout of big-market radio and MTV. Gifthorse gave it their best shot, though, and on this debut they prove themselves to be more than capable in the songwriting and performance categories. A bit of an alternative find, music fans will do well to go ahead and snag a copy of Excess, Lies and Heather's Arrest if they're lucky enough to stumble upon it in the bargain racks at their local record store.

No comments:

Post a Comment