Chateau Dietrich

If You Would Like to Hear This Record

Because of various problems with public blogs and rights problems, I have decided to take my blog and convert it to a private email. If you’d like to listen to this album (and more) or any other album I am posting here, just send me your email address at radiovickers1@gmail.com and I will put you on my list. Along with this album, I have a gigantic archive of my vinyl digitizations that gets added to every week. I do them myself and de-click them. Most sound pretty darned good, if I do say so myself.
This is not some come on. Just caution on my part. It costs nothing and there’s nothing to join. Just an email address. I have about a hundred people on my list at the moment. Come and join the musical fun.


You can also follow Radio Vickers on Facebook with the by going to http://www.facebook.com/pages/Radio-Vickers/182423558563540 and clicking "Like"

Saturday, July 15, 2017

Parking Lot Wonders - Dennis Brennan - Jack-in-the-Pulpit



Eons ago, before all the great record stores became extinct, they used to hold bi-yearly parking lot sales where CD's could be purchased for as little as 10 cents apiece.   I would stand out in the hot sun and pluck economically auditory gold from acres of cardboard boxes until my back gave out.  Many times I walked away with 1,000 plus CD's and CD singles.  Oh glorious rapture!  Those days, alas, are gone, but I still have my blessed collection.  
You can also follow Radio Vickers on Facebook!

If you’d like to listen to this album or any other album I am posting here, just send me your email address and I will put you on my list.

 Dennis Brennan - Jack-in-the-Pulpit (1995)

There's a Rolling Stones vibe to some of these songs. And not in a bad way. I'm Falling Down is especially tasty.



1 I'm Falling Down 3:46
2 Theresa 4:50
3 Brokenhearted I Will Wander 3:12
4 Red 3:41
5 Wages Of Fear 5:26
6 Running Scared 4:08
7 Something Strange 4:22
8 Boulder On My Back 3:35
9 Love And Misery 5:28
10 High Ground 3:47
11 Glad You're Gone 3:27
12 Bobby Moore's Bridge


Info stolen from This Great Site

Roots-rock singer/songwriter Dennis Brennan played in a succession of Boston-area bands before forming his own group in the early '90s. Born and raised in rural Berlin, Massachusetts, he began playing Worcester-area and then Boston-area clubs after graduating from high school. For more than two decades, he worked with Boston bands like the Martells, who scored a number one hit on Boston rock radio in 1980; later in the decade, his band Push Push flirted with several major label recording deals. In 1990, a major label signed the Rhode Island act Young Neal and the Vipers, and label executives pressured them to drop their lead singer and bring in Brennan. That didn't last very long, and after other "almost record deals" fell through, Brennan took a break from his singing and songwriting to work as a warehouse foreman. After a few months, he found himself growing into an increasingly prolific songwriter; some of the results -- frequently about life's hardships, trials and tribulations -- were showcased on his 1995 debut album for Rounder, Jack in the Pulpit, on which he was accompanied by guitarist Duke Levine and drummer Billy Conway of Morphine. Iodine in the Wine followed in 1996, and in early 2000 Brennan returned with Rule No. 1. ~ Richard Skelly



No comments:

Post a Comment