Chateau Dietrich

If You Would Like to Hear This Record

Because of various problems with public blogs and rights problems, I have decided to take my blog and convert it to a private email. If you’d like to listen to this album (and more) or any other album I am posting here, just send me your email address at radiovickers1@gmail.com and I will put you on my list. Along with this album, I have a gigantic archive of my vinyl digitizations that gets added to every week. I do them myself and de-click them. Most sound pretty darned good, if I do say so myself.
This is not some come on. Just caution on my part. It costs nothing and there’s nothing to join. Just an email address. I have about a hundred people on my list at the moment. Come and join the musical fun.


You can also follow Radio Vickers on Facebook with the by going to http://www.facebook.com/pages/Radio-Vickers/182423558563540 and clicking "Like"

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Niki Minaj article by beth

Photobucket

There is a saying taken from one of the oldest books on earth that has made its way into pop culture, and stayed firmly implanted there for many years. Put simply, there is nothing new that has not been recycled from something else. Music is one example. Have you ever wondered why we have that little tab on iTunes that classifies all of our music into neat little packages of pop, alternative, rap, etc? I know for myself, I wonder how we can put something so indefinable as a song into something so small as a one or two word description. I listen to everything, and to me, there are differences present in each.

Who are we really kidding, though? Right now, we have many trends running through our headphones, including the infamous auto tune, which makes everyone sound like a million dollar record deal, even if they are simply Antoine Dodson of “The Bed Intruder Song” (if you haven’t heard this by now, I would like to know which rock you are living under so I can hide there as well) mouthing off about his sister’s attempted rape.



Photobucket

Another trend that is very apparent in music right now has less to do with the actual music, and more with how it looks. With the appearance of highly visual artists such as Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, and Niki Minaj, we are being treated to something that is hailed as fresh and new. In reality, artists are simply catering to a generation inundated with bright, candy colored visuals in every aspect of life. 3D movies, HD video, Smart Phones, flat screen TVs, we have all these available at our fingertips, and to keep up, a generation of ultra visual performers have been spawned. From outrageous outfits, wigs, colored contacts to dangerously perky breasts, we are in the midst of a sensory overload that has little to do with the quality of the music being released.

Photobucket

Niki Minaj appeared on Good Morning America on August 5th 2011, dressed in a very shiny, very pink jacket and a plastic skirt that looked like something out of a science fiction movie. What everyone really cared about was the nipple that not only peeked but came roaring out of her sports bra-esque top on national television. I don’t think anyone would have been surprised to hear a small yet manic voice screaming “IM FREE” as the now infamous nipple escaped the confines of something that should only be worn under a shirt (preferably when exercising). When you keep something caged in a super- push up bra that long, things are bound to escape at some point.

Photobucket

In case Photobucket takes the picture down, which it most likely will, the link to see this picture can be found here:

For those not familiar with Ms. Minaj's work...

Here is Super Bass


Massive Attack feat. Sean Garrett.


Photobucket

Discount Romance is coming out with its very first single and video very soon.

This is their promo video.



Photobucket

Click this for their blog with news, demos, videos and goofy-captioned pictures of the band.

Don’t Tell Betsy’s latest single.



Here is the latest Death of the Author Brigade video.

Simple Song


And here’s the latest song by Death of the Author Brigade:

'Boy Next Door' is a bouncy little tune about a girl taking "Being Neighborly" to the next level. Who lives across the lawn from you?



And here is Don’t Tell Betsy’s latest video. Enjoy the spectacle.

No comments:

Post a Comment